Renowned American musician Axl Rose once overdosed on painkillers due to stress. Since then his fans always ask questions about why the musician overdosed on drugs and what happened to him after overdosed on drugs. In this article, we will share all the imperative details about Axl Rose’s drug overdose incident that happened years ago in 1986. You may find it surprising but it is true that the lyrics of The Guns N’ Roses song Coma are inspired by his experience at the hospital due to the drug overdose. If you are also scrambling to do the same, this article will let you know everything about his drug overdose history. Stick with this page and must go through the article till the end. Swipe down the page.
Has Axl Rose ever done drugs?
As several members of Guns N’ Roses started facing serious problems with drugs Axl Rose decided to give the band an ultimatum during a 1989 opening slot onstage with the Rolling Stones. He said that if the members of the band did not stop dancing with Mr. Brownstone which references heroin, he would leave the band. Meanwhile, Slash promised Alx Rose that he would stop taking drugs but Guns N’ Roses drummer Steven Adler could not kick out his drug habit. Therefore, drummer Steven Adler was removed from the band because of his drug habit. But he came back to the band to record Use Your Illusion after signing a contract promising he would not use drugs again.
But when the drummer went to record Civil War he could not perform because of his drug addiction. He made 20-30 failed takes while recording Civil War. That time Adler was fired one more time and Matt Sorum was called to replace him. Since the inception of the band Guns N’ Roses, Rose is the sole constant member. He has a distinctive powerful voice. He is regarded as one of the greatest singers of all time.
He was born in Indiana’s Lafayette. During the 80s he migrated to LA where he joined a local hard rock group and later went on to become part of several bands like Hollywood Rose and LA Guns. In 1986, due to stress he intentionally overdosed on painkillers. He just grabbed the bottle of pills during an argument and gulped them down. He ended up in the hospital and fell into a coma for a short time. Stay tuned to this website for more details and further updates.