Kejriwal said sealing the lieutenant governor’s office, making alderman the presiding officer and ordering recovery of Rs 164 crore and stopping teachers from going to Finland were unconstitutional.
Image credit source: PTI
The ongoing feud between Delhi Lt Governor and CM Kejriwal is well known. CM Kejriwal spoke to the media regarding the meeting and discussion with LG Vinay Saxena. Arvind Kejriwal said in a press conference that we have been seeing it for the past few months Delhi Govt People of Delhi are not working due to interference in LG’s work. He held a meeting with the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi on this issue. The Chief Minister said that he has taken up many law books including the country’s constitution, GNCT Act. Chief Minister Kejriwal told what happened in the meeting with LG.
- According to the law police, law and land matters are vested in the lieutenant governor and the rest of the authority is vested in the elected government.
- The Supreme Court’s constitution bench order said that the lieutenant governor has no right to decide on transfer.
- Sealing the lieutenant governor’s office, making the alderman the presiding officer and ordering the collection of 164 crore rupees and stopping teachers from going to Finland are unconstitutional.
- The Lt. Governor says, all this may be the opinion of the Supreme Court, it has no meaning. He is the administrator of Delhi, can do everything.
- I asked the Lt. Governor that you can’t get the file directly from the officer. It’s not written anywhere so he said it doesn’t apply to me.
- Alderman asked LG why appointment? He said that the administrator has been written in the MCD Act.
- I told the LG, it is written for education and other departments too, so what will the elected government do. When I showed the other court orders to the LG, he said, I am the administrator. I have absolute power.
- When the lieutenant governor was asked why you stopped teachers from going to Finland for training, he said the file was not closed, he was asked to do a cost benefit analysis.
- The lieutenant told the governor that cost benefit analysis cannot be done for everything, what if a soldier starts doing it too? We are building the country, the leaders will also go to the World Economic Forum.
- I have told the Lt. Governor that all departmental payments have been stopped, the officers say in a hushed tone, orders from above. But LG said he did not.
- I will tell LG not to do that, don’t stop the work of Delhi. Have an advisor with you who can tell them that the Supreme Court does not give advice, it is an order.