Forbes India Rich List: Gautam Adani tops this list. Then the name of Mukesh Ambani. According to Forbes data, the total wealth of the top 10 richest people is $ 385 billion.
Image Credit Source: File Image
Forbes 100 Richest Indians: Forbes India’s 100 Richest List 2022 is out. According to the list, the combined wealth of India’s 100 richest people increased by $25 billion to $800 billion. Assets rose despite a slight fall in the stock market from a year ago, with the biggest loser being the weakening rupee, which fell 10 percent over the same period. Gautam Adani tops this list.
Then the name of Mukesh Ambani. According to Forbes data, the total wealth of the top 10 richest people is $ 385 billion. India’s richest man has a net worth of $150 billion and the richest woman has a net worth of $16.4 billion. There are 9 women in this list.
Check out the top 10 list here
- Gautam Adani: Adani Group Chairman’s net worth is Rs 1,211,460.11 crore. He tripled his wealth in 2021 and became India’s richest man for the first time in 2022.
- Mukesh Ambani: The chairman and managing director of Reliance Industries Limited O2C, Telecom and New Energy Group has a net worth of Rs 710,723.26 crore. His rank dropped to No. 2 for the first time since 2013.
- Radhakishan Damani: It owns the supermarket DMart chain and has total assets of Rs 222,908.66 crore. Damani entered the retail business in 2002 with one store and now has 271 Demart stores in India.
- Cyrus Poonawala: Cyrus Poonawalla, chairman of Serum Institute of India, the world’s largest vaccine maker, has a net worth of Rs 173,642.62 crore. SII has several partnerships to develop a vaccine for Covid-19. The Poonawalla property also has a stud farm.
- Shiv Nadar: HCL Technologies chairman’s net worth is Rs 172,834.97 crore. Shiv Nadar is one of the pioneers of the Indian IT sector. He donated $662 million to education this year.
- Savitri Jindal: The chairperson of the OP Jindal Group is the only female billionaire and an active politician in the Forbes top 10 list. His net worth is Rs 132,452.97 crore.
- Dilip Sanghvi: He is the founder of Sun Pharmaceuticals and his net worth is Rs 125,184.21 crore.
- Hinduja Brothers: The Hinduja group was started in 1914 by Parmananda Dipchand Hinduja. Today, four siblings, Srichand, Gopichand, Prakash and Ashok, control the multinational conglomerate and have a net worth of Rs 122,761.29 crore.
- Kumar Birla: Textile-to-cement group chairman Aditya Birla Group’s net worth is Rs 121,146.01 crore.
- Bajaj Family: The family has a network of 40 companies under the Bajaj Group. Jamnalal Bajaj started the business in 1926 in Mumbai headed by a 96-year-old family. With total assets of Rs 117,915.45 crore, the family flagship Bajaj Auto ranks as the world’s fourth largest two-wheeler and three-wheeler manufacturer.
There are 9 new faces in the list
According to Forbes, nine new faces took place this year, including three IPOs. Falguni Nair, a former banker who came up with the IPO of her beauty and fashion retailer Nykaa, is ranked 44th on the list. Ethnic wear maker Ravi Modi is ranked 50th and shoe maker Rafiq Malik, which listed the Metro brand in the market last December, is ranked 89th.